20.2.10

AJ ... I will find you!


This is one of my closest friends AJ, I've posted versions of him before ... he inspires the funny in my life. Honestly, if he wasn't in my life I'd be living on a rather serious note.
We're found 'in our element to the T' at conferences, discussions, festivals - basically in large public gatherings where we are like two giggly 10 year old girls (no he's not gay!) who think that everyone and everything in the world is SO funny that, like, you won't even believe it ...
So, this one time, we were at a very, very serious 'there is nothing more important than films' type of gathering where I was trying to make a point, of course, completely unrelated to what the panel of speakers were talking about ... and I was trying to say it in proper hindi (me the 39.5 on 100 scorer in hindi in all of my school life) and I wanted to say 'hum yuvavastha mein hain, we are in our youth or something' and instead ended up saying 'hum yaunavastha mein hain, we're in very sexual stage of life or some such thing' ...

... and of course I'm pretty certain the panelists figured what I was saying because AJ was pissing himself laughing. And every third week of our life since ... he relays this anecdote to anyone who will lend him an ear.

Oh! and by the way everytime he makes me laugh (the kind of laughter that makes you split your sides) he times it to when I am drinking something ... so drinks coming out of my nose, or me spluttering them is a regular kind of thing!

Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Remya said...

i know him... hmm... i agree:)

sacredeastwind said...

Much love Rem :D XoXo

Prateek said...

"Hum yaunavastha mein hain" = we are having sex. OMG! why wasn't I there :D

sacredeastwind said...

Pfff! hahaha I didn't even understand what I was saying to be honest :P ... plus I do this ALL the time.

vidhi said...

bien escrito

Er. said...

Ha ha! :P Your bad. By the way, I'm known as "AJ", too - Weird. :)

sacredeastwind said...

hahaha nice to meet another 'AJ' :D

sacredeastwind said...

muchas gracias beedhee!

Nalini Hebbar said...

flub of your life...as long as AJ is your friend, you will never forget it!...great to have such a friend...have fun!

sacredeastwind said...

thanks nalini. its great to be surrounded by people like him. :) and people like you, who've appreciated this post :)

sacredeastwind said...

thanks nalini. its great to be surrounded by people like him. :) and people like you, who've appreciated this post :)