24.1.07

There’s beauty everywhere

The last few moments,
With her,
With her vastness,
And my perfect song,
Sun in my face,
Warmth,
Sand in my feet,
More warmth
Water gushing in and out,
Heat, a rush of blood, such a sensation,
The waves of salty water,
Dead fish strewn on shore

And finally it made perfect sense,
“So, let go,
jump in,
oh well what ya waiting for?
Its all right,
Cuz there’s beauty in breakdown”

I could have,
An irrelevant detail.
I shouldn’t have,
The righteous, the morally correct.
I didn’t,
The truth …

All pieces of a jigsaw puzzle,
Destined to fall together for that one moment,
And then apart for the rest of our lives…

And after we’d lived that moment,
Breathed all we could in it,
Felt whole once and forever,
We drew apart,
For no good reason,
Is social conditioning reason enough?
Perhaps! Perhaps not !!!

For when we went apart,
The sand couldn’t wait to escape,
Escape from under my feet, my whole body’s weight.
The shelled crab couldn’t have enough privacy,
So he scurried off to death.
The scavengers found time in their busy schedules,
And picked up all the dead fish.
Formidable clouds enmeshed the sun,
In a dirty, filthy embrace.
The tide ebbed,
Holding the waves back from reaching my thirsty feet.
My song reached a crescendo and then got over.

Only her vastness remained,
I wasn’t expecting it to remain,
Yet it did,
Is that Love?
Or did I like every other time – Imagine it?

I turn around and walk back,
Seemingly unchanged.
Seemingly…
I’m neither sad nor happy anymore…
I think I am at peace…
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ur encounter with queen n her ambience, n ur stature is well worded molooooooooooo …. Y do I feel like huggin u, mm?? I duno…. But I want u to know am holdin u….