28.4.11

Beautiful Dawn

You're the most stunning thing I've seen
You're the most wonderful feeling I've felt
You've changed me around
I'm a better me
You've turned my life
Into a summer day
And I am happy
And grateful
For your gracious presence
Your love

Yet on those rare days
I will need to leave your side
I will need to burn my own pyre
And mourn the loss of something
I'd cherished but not protected well
I didn't lose it really
But in a way I did too
And so I will mourn
And there's nothing you could do
to change that or bring it back
or make it afresh or create anew
Its something you cannot do
No one can

But trust me, my love
I will mourn on that one night
And that one night only
And once I'm done
I will return
To no one but you
I will rise from my own ashes
And start afresh
Living the happiest life
With you

Before you love me so
You must, must know
That I am a Phoenix of sorts
Someone with a dreary, dark past
And if you can
Then would you
Would you please
Take me the way I am

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Medhavi said...

gosh! Shruti... my evil other-half... I was feeling exactly this way ---and my status said Phoenixed too!! And beauuuuuutifully written. :D *hugs*

sacredeastwind said...

ha ha! awww! can't believe we have SO MUCH in common :) Happy to hear too at the same time.

And, very, very, very happy that you liked it.

Love & hugs sistren!